Medieval Music Festival in San Juan del Hospital
TOURISTIC AREA: Historical center
The concerts will be complemented by previous performances and meetings with the artists.
Old music? Medieval music? Yes, there is also time and space for them in Valencia. The festival ‘Música, Història i Art’ delves into these periods that are not well known musically but are also worth enjoying.
In its quest to combine history, music and art in historical spaces of singular beauty, ‘Música, Història i Art’ presents the series Medieval Music in San Juan del Hospital.
The concerts will take place on the 16th, 17th and 18th on June and will be complemented by previous performances and meetings with the artists in the Church of San Juan del Hospital de València, the oldest in the city.
Friday 16th June
- 9:30 p.m. Talk with Rafael Beltrán. Professor of Spanish Literature at the University of Valencia
- 10:30 p.m. Holy Grail. The journey of the relic. Capella de Ministrers.
Saturday 17th June
- 9:30 p.m. Talk with MªÁngeles Zapata. (Musicologist and director of DeMusica Ensemble).
- 10:30 p.m. They in Byzantium. The exoticism of the sounds of the Byzantine Empire. DeMusica Ensemble.
Sunday 18th June
- 8:00 p.m. Talk with Carles Magraner. (Musicologist and director of Capella de Ministrers).
- 9.00 p.m. Papa Luna 600th anniversary of his death. Capella de Ministrers · Èlia Casanova
The concert series Medieval Music in San Juan del Hospital offers the opportunity to delve into the musical repertoire of the Middle Ages in a unique venue in the city. A different and very interesting proposal.
- Event dates
Different times depending on the day
C. del Trinquet de Cavallers, 5, 46003 València
HOW TO GET THERE
Iglesia San Juan del Hospital, C. del Trinquet de Cavallers, 46003 Valencia, España