Guided tour: València and the films of Berlanga
Language: Bilingual (Spanish-English).
Starting point: Ayuntamiento Square Tourist Office.
Schedule: Saturdays at 5.00 pm.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Tour of an hour and a half through places that evoque Berlanga’s experiences and memories in València.
- Route through the historic district: Ayuntamiento Square, Luis Vives School, Norte Station, Bullring, Ruzafa Avenue, Rialto Cinema, Hotel Londres, former Bar Torino (San Vicente Street), Tapinería Street and Forcalló Mansion.
- Discover how València influenced the director's cinema, lending it a Mediterranean and joyful nature, films that he himself described as ‘inspired by the Fallas festival, pyrotechnical and filmed relying on the instantaneous inspiration of pensat i fet’ (said and done).
- An official tourist guide will take you through various settings in his beloved native city.
- 15% discount if you also buy the València Tourist Card.
Berlanga’s innovative cinema
Following the trail of Luis G. Berlanga through the city that saw him grow into adulthood and where he always returned to seek inspiration allows us to decipher much of the symbolism in his films. València is bound up with his personality, profoundly Mediterranean and enlightened. He paved the way for a new cinema in Spain, with an innovative viewpoint.
Berlanga is Spanish society, suffering yet happy. It is a Spain that finds in its cinemas an imaginary of promises …
This tour conjures up those cinemas, cafés, social gatherings filled with conversation, shopping for erotic books … forming the story of a young adolescent who traded in philosophy and literature for the cinema and whose films put forward philosophical arguments that made us reflect on our lives.
Touring the settings of Berlanga's life
It all began at the Rialto Cinema, where, as he himself said, he had a revelation while watching Pabst's Don Quixote …
This and other spots are the common thread of a tour that will take you to locations from his childhood, straddling the urban expansion area and the historic district, his early education, his personal relationship with the world of the Fallas festival, his museums, his social gatherings, his café chats, and his València CF ...
Book your chance to really get to know this genius who left behind such classics as The Executioner, Plácido and Welcome, Mister Marshall!
Children up to 12 years old free of charge.
GUARANTEED DEPARTURE WITH PRIOR RESERVATION.
For guided tours for groups of more than 20 people, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Service with eTickets: show the ticket directly on your mobile to enjoy the service. No printing required.
>>> The organizer of this activity has implemented all the necessary hygienic measures to avoid COVID19 infections.
Tickets and Guided Tours:
The purchase of tickets and guided tours through VLC Shop cannot be cancelled. At the time of payment through VLC Shop, the tickets will be sent by email. For this reason, no refund is possible. It will only be possible to modify the purchase in the following cases:
- Change the dates of enjoyment of the product, provided that it is requested at least 24 hours in advance.
- Change the name of the holder of the purchase made
To request any change, please contact our customer service email email@example.com
Discount with Valencia Tourist Card: 15% OFF (adult)
If you add a Valencia Tourist Card to your shopping cart, you will enjoy a discount on this product. Remember: The offer will be made on all the products on the list but with a maximum number of units on offer per product. The maximum number of units on offer will depend on the amount of Valencia Tourist Card that we add to the shopping cart. The final price with its discount can be seen perfectly broken down in the shopping cart.