Arriving By Train
LOCAL TRAIN STATION (ESTACIÓN DEL NORTE)
Valencia has its own city centre station for the local train network (cercanías), which consists of six lines that connect Valencia to Gandía, Mogente, Utiel, Xirivella, Caudiel and Castellón de la Plana.
Connections from the Estación del Norte:
- METRO: Xátiva station (lines 3 and 5). More info at www.metrovalencia.es
- BUS: Lines 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 19, 35, 40 and 63 (bus stops close to the Plaza del Ayuntamiento). More info at www.emtvalencia.es
- TAXI: Taxi rank (Radio Taxi Valencia and Tele Taxi Valencia). Located at the side of the station, exit through the doors next to platform 6. Telephone: +34 963 703 333 and +34 963 571 313
JOAQUÍN SOROLLA STATION FOR THE VALÈNCIA HIGH-SPEED TRAIN (AVE)
From the high-speed train station, the AVE trains connect the city to Madrid, Cuenca and Albacete, with 17 daily departures and an approximate journey time of 1 hour 30 minutes. In addition, the Alaris and Euromed long-distance trains connect Valencia with Spain's main cities.
Connections from Joaquín Sorolla Station (AVE)
- SHUTTLE BUS: Present your train ticket to travel for free to Estación del Norte, located in the city centre.
- METRO: Joaquín Sorolla Station (lines 1 and 5). More info at www.metrovalencia.es - BUS: Lines 9, 10, 27 (bus stop in San Vicente Mártir) and lines 89 and 90 (bus stop in Av. Giorgeta). More info at www.emtvalencia.es
- TAXI: Taxi rank outside the entrance to the station.
purchase the VLC Tourist Card from the Tourist Info office in the AVE Station, and enjoy unlimited public transport within the city. You will also receive discounts for museums, leisure activities, shops, restaurants and more. More info at www.valenciatouristcard.com