El Cabanyal beach
El Cabanyal beach
TOURISTIC AREA: Sea towns, Marina and beaches
This is the beach of the old fishermen's quarter of Valencia from which it takes its name. Valencians still call it Las Arenas, after the old spa of the same name, which has now been converted into a luxury hotel resort. Its waters, its fishermen and the children who splash about on the shores of the Mediterranean have been immortalised by the painter Joaquin Sorolla, a universal Valencian. You will certainly be surprised by its width, almost 200 metres. You will certainly not be short of space!
If you are looking for the hustle and bustle, this is your beach, with numerous restaurants, leisure facilities and accommodation, and it's also literally just a stone's throw from the Marina de Valencia. Very easily accessible and with all services for bathers, including the rental of umbrellas and deckchairs, it is very well prepared for the visit of people with disabilities and makes it easier for them to get into the water. It has sports fields, games for children and a water channel so that you can practice your favourite sport safely. Some places on the promenade become a meeting place for drinks in the evening, with the Marina Beach Club being the king of the see-it-yourself. Don't let anyone tell you about it and live the experience!
SUMMER HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CAMPAIGNS
- Malvarrosa/Cabanyal Lost Children identification programme (information at all stations)
- Early skin damage detection (melanoma) campaign at Cabanyal, next to station no. 3
- Skin damage protection campaign at Cabanyal
- Cono-papeleras” campaign to keep the sand clean
- Health/physical exercise campaign.
The Healthy Park is designed to keep older people in shape. The exercise equipment is not designed for rehabilitation purposes. Physical exercise is not just for the young: adults and the elderly also need to do age-appropriate physical activities to promote good health and to prevent the early appearance of certain diseases. These parks offer the public the chance to get together, enjoy outdoor leisure time and do age-appropriate physical activities using exercise equipment designed for different uses. Depending on the machine used, the exercises reinforce the development of muscles and joints, thereby improving coordination in particular and the whole body in general, with the medical and health benefits involved in the PROMOTION OF GOOD HEALTH.
INFORMATION FOR USERS
- Each healthy park consists of 8 pieces of physical exercise equipment.
- It is recommended to read the instructions before using the equipment.
- Use of the park is intended for adults only. Children under the age of 12 should not use the park.
- If the park is being used by children under the age of 12, they must be under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- The exercise machines are not toys.
- Choose the appropriate piece of equipment according to your level of health and fitness. It is recommended to consult your doctor before using the equipment.
Services Menu (pdf 25 kb) Beach Management System (pdf 10 kb)
- Accessible location: opposite first aid station no. 2
- Bathing assistance for people with disabilities programme. Hours: 11.00 am to 7.00 pm; 13th June to 7th September. Accessible location no. 2
- Handicapped access and adapted walkway
- Cordon of buoys
- 3 adapted toilets
- Accessible showers
- Signal tape for people with visual disabilities on adapted walkways at the accessible location
- Adapted sport
- Information leaflets in Braille for people with visual disabilities
- Summer health and environmental campaigns
- Malvarrosa / Cabanyal lost child identification programme (information at all stations)
- Early skin lesion (melanoma) detection campaign at Cabanyal, next to station no. 3
- Skin lesion protection campaign at Cabanyal
- ‘Cono-Papeleras’ clean sand campaign
- Health and physical exercise campaign
Low season at station no. 3
April: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19 and 20
May: 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and 31
September: 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 and 27
October: 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12
Time: 11 am to 7 pm
Summer season (all stations open)
Dates: From 7 June to 7 September
Time: 10 am to 7.30 pm
- Beach type Sailing school, Nautical activities, Bike rack, Parking, Bike lane, Accessible
- Blue flag
HOW TO GET THERE
Platja del Cabanyal, Avenida Neptuno, València, España
Saturdays and Sundays at 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm
Jet Ski Rental | Fun & Quads
Sailing excursion along the Valencia coast
Sailing trip in catamaran through the Valencian coast