Serranos Street shelter
TOURISTIC AREA: Historical center
This shelter was built in 1937 and could hold up to 400 people.
It is one room with three sections separated by two rows of concrete columns supporting a post-and-lintel roof … more than 1.5 metres of concrete! There were benches to sit on along the walls and around the columns. And the ‘Shelter’ sign has been preserved, written in typical art deco lettering.
Since the war, this shelter has been used for various different purposes. These have ranged from banana warehouse to Las Fallas festival association clubhouse.
After a major refurbishment, in 2018, it was opened as a space for cultural events and initiatives, with guided tours. It is listed as a Property of Local Importance.
+34 962 081 390