La Malvarrosa beach
Carrer d'Isabel de Villena, 16
TOURISTIC AREA: Sea towns, Maria and beaches
It is the most famous and best-known of all the beaches in Valencia and has inspired great artists. It got its name when it was transformed from a swampy area into a hollyhock flower plantation in the middle of the 19th century. What a change! It was the first place where the melody of "La chica de ayer", a mythical song by Spanish singer Antonio Vega, was heard. In the past, the beach was crossed by a famous tram, which has now been modernised. The writer Manuel Vicent made the beach a totem in a famous novel. Its width, fine golden sand, and easy access from anywhere in the city make it one of the most popular beaches for locals. It offers all the services for the bathers you can imagine: sunshades and deck chairs for hire, refreshment kiosks... And it is best suited for visitors with reduced mobility because it takes you from the promenade directly to the water. Literally! Oh, and make no mistake. Ask our tourist office next to the Las Arenas Hotel for what you need. The range of outdoor activities is unrivalled: fitness courses, cross-fit and everything else you could wish for. It also has a marked-out channel section for surfing, paddle surfing, windsurfing, canoeing... Divers are free to visit Malvarrosa Reef, and volleyball fans can rent one of the many courts available on the town sports field. Exciting, isn't it? And when you are finished, all the restaurants and entertainment you could wish for await you on the promenade - a complete plan!
- Malvarrosa/Cabanyal Lost Children identification programme (information at all stations)
- “Cono-papeleras” campaign to keep the sand clean
- Health/physical exercise campaign.
The Healthy Park is designed to keep older persons in shape. The exercise equipment is not designed for rehabilitation purposes. Physical exercise is not just for the young: adults and the elderly also need to do age-appropriate physical activities to promote good health and to prevent the early appearance of certain diseases. These parks offer the public the chance to get together, enjoy outdoor leisure time and do age-appropriate physical activities using exercise equipment designed for different uses. Depending on the machine used, the exercises reinforce the development of muscles and joints, thereby improving coordination in particular and the whole body in general, with the medical and health benefits involved in the PROMOTION OF GOOD HEALTH.
- Each healthy park consists of 8 pieces of physical exercise equipment.
- It is recommended to read the instructions before using the equipment.
- Use of the park is intended for adults only. Children under the age of 12 should not use the park.
- If the park is being used by children under the age of 12, they must be under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- The exercise machines are not toys.
- Choose the appropriate piece of equipment according to your level of health and fitness. It is recommended to consult your doctor before using the equipment.
- Services Menu (pdf 25 kb) Beach Management System (pdf 10 kb)
- Punto accesible: Frente a la posta sanitaria nº 1
- Programa de ayuda al baño al discapacitado. Horario de 11:00 a 19:00 en el punto accesible nº 1 desde el 27 de Junio al 31 de agosto.
- Acceso minusválidos y pasarela adaptada
- Cordada de boyarines
- 2 WC adaptados
- Duchas accesibles
- Aparcamiento delimitado
- Bandas de señalización para discapacitados visuales en pasarenas adaptadas del punto accesible
- Líneas de encaminamiento pododactiles para discapacitados visuales desde la parada del autobús hasta la pasarena adaptada del punto accesible
- Dípticos informativos para discapacitados visuales en braille
- Drinking water
- Adapted toilets
- Health posts