2020-21 Opera season in Les Arts
TOURISTIC AREA: City of Arts and Alameda
Listen... Can't you hear the music? The countdown to a new season begins at the Palau de Les Arts in Valencia with an exceptional programme dedicated to enthusiasm and resilience.
If you are an opera lover, you can choose from a new series of outstanding productions:
- Requiem: The season opens with a moving show based on Mozart's unfinished work. Dates: 27/09, 30/09, 02/10, 04/10, 06/10, 08/10/2020.
- Fin de Partie: The avant-garde opera returns to Les Arts with the Spanish premiere of the only opera by György Kurtág. Dates: 29/10, 31/10, 01/11, 04/11/2020.
- Il Tutore Burlato: Comedy by the Valencian composer Vicente Martin i Soler, the only opera he wrote in Spain. Dates: 13/11, 17/11, 20/11, 22/11/2020
- Mitridate, re di Ponto: Considered one of Mozart's most brilliant scores, performed by Les Musiciens du Louvre. Date: 26.11.2020.
- La Cenerentola: Rossini's opera that reinterprets the traditional folk tale of Cinderella. Dates: 10/12, 12/12, 15/12, 17/12, 20/12, 23/12/2020.
- Falstaff: Comedy by Giuseppe Verdi about the charismatic Shakespearean character. Dates: 21/01, 24/01, 27/01, 29/01, 31/01/2021.
- L'isola disabitata: One of the last works by the Spanish tenor, composer and vocal master Manuel García. Dates: 13/02, 16/02, 19/02, 21/02, 24/02, 04/03/2021.
- Tristan und Isolde: Les Arts resumes its magical connection with Wagner's music with this classical love story. Dates: 02/03, 05/03, 08/03, 11/03, 14/03/2021.
- Cavalleria Rusticana / Pagliacci: The season ends with the most representative diptych of Italian verismo. Dates: 23/05, 27/05, 30/05, 02/06, 05/06/2021.
It is not all opera. You can also enjoy the best zarzuela, this time with the performance of El barberillo de Lavapiés by Barbieri, on 16, 18, 20 and 22 April 2021.
You will also find dance, symphonic music, flamenco and concerts by great masters of the lyrical and musical world, as well as a tour of other musical genres, from jazz to cabaret.
And if you want to explore the fantastic building designed by Santiago Calatrava, don't miss the open day on 13 September.
You can view the full program here
Les Arts is music for everyone!