Full day excursion to Peñíscola and Sant Mateu starting from València
From 16 years
Out of stock!
From 4 to 15 years
Out of stock!
Travel to a time when the region of València was the cradle of powerful Popes and the centre of attention of all Europe.
Conquer Peñíscola, one of the most beautiful villages in Spain. Experience the legends of the Templars in an impressive city surrounded by the sea and with fortified walls. Discover a destination that has been a film set for Game of Thrones and El Cid.
Visit Sant Mateu, historical capital of the Maestrazgo Region. Known for its medieval buildings and history, discover why this glorious city became a headache for European kings and Roman popes.
Take the opportunity to climb to the Sanctuary and enjoy a privileged view of the surrounding mountains.
The tour includes:
- Private transport between the towns of València, Peñíscola and Sant Mateu.
- Travel insurance.
- Guided tour to Peñíscola. Free time to see the Castle (entrance fee not included), to visit its white streets or to enjoy its renowned beaches.
- Guided tour of Sant Mateu and visit to its Sanctuary.
Guided group tour, on foot and by bus through Peñíscola and Sant Mateu.
- Meeting point at Instituto Lluís Vives Institute at 09:00 (Avenida Marqués de Sotelo 11).
- Transfer València - Peñíscola by private bus.
- Guided tour of the city of Peñíscola (entrance to the Castle not included).
- Transfer Peñíscola - Sant Mateu in private bus.
- Guided visit to the historical centre of Sant Mateu.
- At 14:30h, lunch in a local restaurant (lunch not included). You can bring your own lunch with you.
- Ascent to the Sanctuary, which offers impressive views over the mountain.
- Return to València.
Starting point: at 09:00 from the main door of Instituto Lluís Vives (Avda. Marqués de Sotelo 11). It is recommended to arrive 10 minutes in advance.
Duration: 11 hours, ending around 20:00h at the Instituto Lluís Vives.
Reduced: children from 4 to 15 years.
Travel insurance included. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses and water bottle are recommended. Access to Peñíscola Castle is optional (not included).
Guaranteed departure: Saturdays.
Languages: Bilingual Spanish/English, with Official Guide.
Maximum capacity: 20 people. For guided tours for larger groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Service with eTickets: show the ticket directly on your mobile to enjoy the service. No printing required.
>>> The organizer of this activity has implemented all the necessary hygienic measures to avoid COVID19 infections.
Tickets and Guided Tours:
The purchase of tickets and guided tours through VLC Shop cannot be cancelled. At the time of payment through VLC Shop, the tickets will be sent by email. For this reason, no refund is possible. It will only be possible to modify the purchase in the following cases:
- Change the dates of enjoyment of the product, provided that it is requested at least 24 hours in advance.
- Change the name of the holder of the purchase made
To request any change, please contact our customer service email email@example.com
VLC Tourist Card discount
Discount with València Tourist Card: 15% off
You’ll receive a discount on this product if you add the València Tourist Card to your cart.
Remember: The offer applies to all products listed, but with a limit on the number of units per product. The maximum number of units on offer will depend on how many València Tourist Cards you add to your shopping cart. The final price with the discount will be clearly itemised in your shopping cart.