Awards: Blue Flag
Certification: Q Calidad Turística and Qualitur
This urban beach attracts large numbers of people, both
in the summer season and during the rest of the year. It is located to the
south of La Malvarrosa beach, between Calle Acequia de la Cadena and the port’s
dock. It is approximately 1.2 kilometres long and 135 metres wide with fine,
golden sand. Equipped with numerous services and games for children, it is
surrounded by a traditional restaurant area.
Medical care, lifesaving and rescue
Low season at station no. 3
April: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19 and 20
May: 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and 31
September: 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 and 27
October: 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12
Time: 11 am to 7 pm
Summer season (all stations open)
Dates: From 7 June to 7 September
Time: 10 am to 7:30 pm
- 3 medical care stations
- 3 lifeguard towers
- 1 advanced life support ambulance
- 1 basic life support ambulance
- Marked parking area (unsecured)
- Cycle lane, bicycle parking facilities and benches
- 4 drinking fountains
- 12 public toilets (3 adapted)
- 12 toilets/ 6 urinals
- 13 double showers
- 13 footbaths
- Public telephone
- Sun lounger rental
- PA system
- Sailing school
- Information office next to station no. 4, behind the restaurants
- Services information poster in the gardens (next to the Hotel Las Arenas), dolphins and medical care stations no. 2, 3 and 4
Accessibility: Summer season
* Accessibility point: In front of medical care station
* Disabled bathing assistance programme. From 11 am to 7 pm at accessibility
point no. 2 from 13 June to 7 September
* Disabled access and adapted walkway
* Bouy chain
* 3 adapted toilets
* Accessible showers
* Signalling bands for the visually-impaired in the adapted paths from the accessibility
* Adapted sports
* Information leaflets in Braille for the visually-impaired
Health and environmental summer campaigns
* Malvarrosa/Cabanyal Lost Children identification programme
(information at all stations)
* Early skin damage detection (melanoma) campaign at Cabanyal, next to station
* Skin damage protection campaign at Cabanyal
* “Cono-papeleras” campaign to keep the sand clean
* Health/physical exercise campaign.
The Healthy Park is designed to keep older people in shape. The exercise
equipment is not designed for rehabilitation purposes.
Physical exercise is not just for the young: adults and the elderly also
need to do age-appropriate physical activities to promote good health and
to prevent the early appearance of certain diseases.
These parks offer the public the chance to get together, enjoy outdoor leisure
time and do age-appropriate physical activities using exercise equipment
designed for different uses. Depending on the machine used, the exercises
reinforce the development of muscles and joints, thereby improving coordination
in particular and the whole body in general, with the medical and health
benefits involved in the PROMOTION OF GOOD HEALTH.
Information for users
- Each healthy park consists of 8 pieces of physical exercise equipment.
- It is recommended to read the instructions before using the equipment.
- Use of the park is intended for adults only. Children under the age of
12 should not use the park.
- If the park is being used by children under the age of 12, they must
be under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- The exercise machines are not toys.
- Choose the appropriate piece of equipment according to your level of
health and fitness. It is recommended to consult your doctor before using
Services Menu (pdf 25 kb) Beach Management System (pdf 10 kb)