Page 93 - Baroque-Gothic-and-Modernist-Valencia
P. 93

33

Location:
C/ Blanquerías - Plaza Santa Mónica
There is documentary proof of donations received for its
repair in 1254 and 1262, as well as an order dated 12 May
1349 in which the city council decided that it should be
reconstructed “all in stone”.
Nevertheless, new floods in 1427 destroyed four of the
arches. The definitive bridge standing today dates from 1517.
It has nine segmental ashlar arches. It is slightly longer than
its neighbour, the Trinity bridge, and has a horizontal span.
   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98